A few quick tips to lose a few pounds...
1. Drink a glass of water before each meal. It will curb cravings, make you feel fuller faster, and battle dehydration.
2. Eat a real breakfast! I know it's difficult to do this with our busy lives, but it is important. It kick starts your metabolism for the entire day. Eat some yogurt, some protein, eggs or egg whites. IT WILL HELP!
3. Protein, every meal. Fish, Chicken, Beef, lentils, beans... You decide. But protein keeps you feeling fuller longer. Plus, it helps keep your body running.
4. Try to go meatless one day a week. It's tough... but lots of salads, beans, and plant based prteins are GREAT for your body. So, suck it up and just do it.
5. Eat your veggies first! Start with the veggies and you will feel fuller faster. Then, you will be less likely to lick the plate when you are done.
... and my last tip, USE SMALLER PLATES! Less space for food means less food. Less food = less calories. Less Calories in... less you!
Good Luck! ~Jana